- HE: So I told her it wouldn't matter, because we'll all be Jedi squirrels in the future, then I showed her the picture as evidence.
- ME: But that's not true. Star Wars takes place in the past, not the future.
- HE: No it doesn't.
- ME: Then what about "a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away"?
- HE: The galaxy is a far, far away...in the future.
- ME: A Long Time Ago! This argument is about to get really stupid really quickly.
- HE: It's the future. It hasn't happened yet, but it will. The technology is almost there. Look at my iPhone.
- ME: How come nobody in Star Wars has an iPhone, then? (Editor's note: So far)
- HE: They don't need them - they have more efficient comlinks.
- ME: How come their comlinks look like walkie-talkies? How come you never see anybody playing Angry Birds or checking their e-mail on their comlink?
- HE: They have better things to do, like...force stuff.
- ME: Well, if it hasn't happened yet, then how come we have the movies?
- HE: ...
- ME: I think we need a second opinion.
- HIM: So, wait, you're arguing that Star Wars is based off a true story.
- ME: Yes.
- HIM: Why do you want to be right again?